Friday, June 20, 2008

Wk 142

June 20, 2008 To the Ends of the Earth…

Verse for the week:
The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat. (Proverbs 13:4)

Quote for the week:
"Oh, how few find time for prayer! There is time for everything else, time to sleep and time to eat, time to read the newspaper and the novel, time to visit friends, time for everything else under the sun, but-no time for prayer, the most important of all things, the one great essential!" -Oswald Smith

Dictator of the week:
Than Shwe (Myanmar)

Apostolic Missions Committee Member to pray for this week:
Tom Hoffman-Vice Chairman (Roanoke, IL)

Apostolic Elder to pray for this week:
Wayne and Kathryn Fehr (Portland, OR)

Apostolic Christian Missionaries to pray for this week:
Nicole Knobloch (Magdalena, MX)- Please pray that Nicole would have wisdom and grace as she leads Bible Studies with people from the community

Other News:
Oftentimes, I can call myself a sluggard in prayer. As Oswald Chambers put it, I have "time for everything else under the sun," but at the end of the day, I look back and realize that I refused to pray. There was always something else to do, and I did it. At the end of the day, it seems as though I accomplished quite a bit, but my heart feels dry and joyless. Let us be diligent in prayer knowing that our souls "shall be made fat" with joy and purpose.